KAMCO has five state-of-the art plants in Kerala, South India. It's registered office and works at Athani, is the prime centre for the manufacture of Power Tillers and Tractors. The Kalamassery unit was commissioned in 1992 for the production of Diesel Engines. The third unit was set up at Kanjikode in Palakkad and the fourth unit at Mala, Thrissur has been operational since 2000 to meet the demands of Power Reaper. The fifth unit for manufacturing tractors is also setup at Athani, near Nedumbassery International Airport.
- Dedicated small and medium scale industries supply raw materials for critical components.
- Critical manufacturing operations are carried out inhouse at Machine Shop.
- Machine Shop is equipped with special purpose machineries to perform critical machine operations like milling, grinding, drilling etc. for mass production of components.
- Inspection at various stages of manufacturing to reduce process rejection rate
- Installed with a modern painting booth system for components and assemblies where Poly Urethene paints are used.
- The components are being painted after proper Pre-Treatments with required quality standards in our well-equipped Paint Shop.
- Effluent Treatment plant is functioning to meet the required norms on environmental pollution announced by pollution control Board effectively.
- Assembly line consists of:
- Engine Asembly Line
- Transmission Assembly line
- Tiller assembly line.
- Transmission and Engine assemblies are converged to the tiller assembly line where finished final power tiller is produced.
- Stage inspection and testing in between different work stations, engine testing etc are effectively monitored for extensive quality checks at each stage, to produce excellent quality products as per standards.
- All sub assemblies of Power Tilllers are inspected for conformity with specifications
- All the Engines are tested at assembly for RTA norms to ensure engine emission standards.
- Automated Modern Conveyor system Assembly line for Tractor Production.
- Well-trained mechanics and supervisors ensures the quality in various stages of assemblies..
- The management is thoroughly monitoring and co-ordinating the works to achieve maximum performance without any compromise in quality of the product.
- The Reaper is assembled in four Assembly stages.
- Engine Assembly: At this stage Engine and Gear Box are assembled and running tests are done.
- Assembly line-1: This is the first stage of Reaper chassis assembly where Engine-gear box assembly, Bevel gear box assembly and conveyor chains are fitted to the main frame. Then whole assembly is tested for running before passing for the next stage.
- Assembly line-2: At this stage the sheet metal components, guide rods, Star wheels, cutter assembly
etc. are fitted and tests are carried out.
- Assembly line -3: This is the final stage of Reaper production. Here the Chain Case for transmission of power and Wheels are fitted and required tests are done.
KAMCO an efficient network comprising of 50 dealers catering to the needs of customers. Commitment of the workers to make a difference is what sets KAMCO apart. Special training sessions, product familiarization, demos and bi-annual dealer meets are conducted to keep them updated with the new products and their functionality.